Drop-Off & Pick-Up Procedures
Due to staffing shortages, you may experience transportation delays or cancellations. In the event you need to drop off your child in the morning or pick them up in the afternoon, here are our procedures.
Please follow the same route as morning drop off.
- Every family has completed or needs to complete a car rider registration. After this is completed, a car rider registration number will be issued.
- Please hang your car rider number from your passenger side visor and make sure it is visible through the windshield the entire time you are in line for pick-up. Staff are monitoring these numbers at various points of the line to ensure a safe and efficient process.
- Please stay in line until you are released by a staff member.
- Students should exit/enter the vehicle on the passenger side only.
- All adults need to remain inside the vehicle at all times.
- In the afternoon, if your child needs assistance getting buckled, please pull into a parking spot once released by a staff member.
Hours of Operation
Summer: M-F, 7:30 am-4:00 pm
School Year: M-F, 5:30 am-5:00 pm
ACSC Transportation Center
255 South Avon Avenue
Avon, IN 4123
What if a route is cancelled?
- If Avon Schools cannot provide bus transportation, parents will be asked to provide transportation or the student will be marked excused in their attendance
- If we cannot provide transportation in the morning, evening transportation will not be provided either.
- Avon Schools will alert you through ParentSquare if transportation is not available. Our goal is to be in touch at least an hour before the first scheduled pick up.
- Parents should update their pick-up lists to include trusted adults who may be required to pick up their child after school.